COHI is a community driven early childhood caries prevention and dental education program that strives to improve and promote optimal oral and overall health utilizing a culturally safe and trauma informed care approach.
A FFTAHS dental hygienist and a community-based COHI Aide deliver the program in the ten First Nations of the Rainy River District catchment area. The COHI Aide is a community member hired by the community to support the dental professional and provides some COHI services independently.
- Dental Screenings
- Fluoride Varnish Applications
- Dental Sealants
- Dental Cleanings
- Temporary Fillings
- Silver Diamine Fluoride
- Prenatal Oral Health Education
- School and Classroom Presentations and Education
- Dental Referrals
Who is eligible for our services?
- Pregnant women and primary caregivers;
- Pre-school children, 0-4 years of age; and
- School-aged children, 5-7 years of age.
Accessing our services
For more information, please call (807) 274–2042 or the COHI cell phone (807) 271-1652
To make a referral, please use our Referral Form below.