Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services’ Child’s First Initiative is a wholistic and indigenous rooted program that ensures equal service provision to First Nations children. The program strives to:
- improve access for children to services
- ensure services are culturally appropriate
- ensure services are equitable and accessible regardless of geography
- seek more community-based solutions
- enhance early intervention and prevention services, and
- enable greater community control over services for children and youth.
The CFI team provides comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and support services to children with complex care needs. Our multi-disciplinary team provides supportive services at home, in school, in the community, or wherever best meets the needs of the child and family.
Family Navigator/Nurse Case Manager
Infant Child Development Worker
Community Development Workers